When you can’t choose whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a memory foam with a bit more support for your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Base
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Base
Construction Layla Mattress Base
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Base
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Base
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important component to consider particularly for those who share their bed. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Base
This is a genuine foam mattress made for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Shipping Fee: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 days to manufacture, and once shipped usually requires two to five days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Base
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively provided to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress are underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you prefer to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also good for you if you want a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the option to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you’ve got a partner and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Base
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on opposite sides. This allows you to experience a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Base