When you can’t decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a foam with a little more support for your hips and spine. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Bad
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Bad
Construction Layla Mattress Bad
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Bad
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Bad
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important factor to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking in the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which offers some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Bad
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather fast response time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Shipping Charge: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually requires 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Bad
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only provided to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress can be found underneath. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel as though you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for people who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great when you have a spouse and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Bad
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have two distinct comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Bad