When you can’t determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with more support for your spine and hips. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Awards
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Awards
Construction Layla Mattress Awards
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Awards
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Awards
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial element to consider particularly if you share their mattress. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you’ll not be bothered when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will most likely feel like you are sinking in the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which can potentially have some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Awards
This is a authentic foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and once sent usually requires 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Awards
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively provided to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress can be found below. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best mattress for you if you prefer to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you want a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the option to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Awards
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to try two distinct comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Awards