If you can’t choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a foam with more support for your back and hips. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress And Back Pain
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress And Back Pain
Construction Layla Mattress And Back Pain
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress And Back Pain
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress And Back Pain
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider particularly for those who share their bed. The Layla isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the cost.
Edge support has been a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a fair degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress And Back Pain
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Delivery Fee: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and once shipped usually requires two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress And Back Pain
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively offered to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress can be found underneath. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you want to feel as though you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you require a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the choice to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great if you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress And Back Pain
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to try two distinct comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress And Back Pain