When you can not determine whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a foam with a little more support for your back and hips. With two built in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Latex Mattress
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Latex Mattress
Construction Layla Latex Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Latex Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Latex Mattress
When in use, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial component to consider especially if you share their bed. The Layla isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit bigger, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that provides some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse when sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Latex Mattress
This is a genuine foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam models, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Shipping Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and after it is sent usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You will want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Latex Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively given to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are underneath. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you like to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also good for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the choice to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you have a spouse and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Latex Mattress
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Latex Mattress