If you can not choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a foam with a little more support on your hips and spine. With two built in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Beds
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Construction Layla Beds
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Beds
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will put you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Beds
When regularly used, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important component to consider particularly for those who share their bed. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be disturbed when your spouse moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I will cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around at night switching positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which provides some cooling benefits. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the cost.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a fair degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
This is a authentic foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla mattress isn’t very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather quick reaction time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three days to manufacture, and after it is shipped usually takes two to five days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Beds
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively given to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress can be found below. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the option to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you have a partner and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Beds
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on each side. This permits you to experience a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Beds