If you can not choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a memory foam with a bit more support for your spine and hips. With two built-in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Beds Reviews
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Beds Reviews
Construction Layla Beds Reviews
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Beds Reviews
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Beds Reviews
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider especially if you share their bed. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when your spouse rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that offers some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a fair degree of collapse when sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Layla Beds Reviews
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Shipping Charge: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days to assemble, and after it is sent usually takes two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Beds Reviews
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only given to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress are below. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you like to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the option to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you sleep with a partner and need a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Beds Reviews
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on opposite sides. This provides you a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature lets you try two different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Beds Reviews