If you can’t choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a foam with a little more support for your back and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Bed Vs Serta Icomfort Blue 500
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Bed Vs Serta Icomfort Blue 500
Construction Layla Bed Vs Serta Icomfort Blue 500
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Bed Vs Serta Icomfort Blue 500
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side will put you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Bed Vs Serta Icomfort Blue 500
When in use, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial component to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit bigger, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that can potentially have some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a fair amount of collapse while sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Bed Vs Serta Icomfort Blue 500
This is a genuine foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like most memory foam models, the Layla is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather fast reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Delivery Fee: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and once shipped usually requires two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Bed Vs Serta Icomfort Blue 500
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only offered to first buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress are below. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect choice for you if you prefer to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for those who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Bed Vs Serta Icomfort Blue 500
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness level on each side. This allows you to experience a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Bed Vs Serta Icomfort Blue 500