When you can’t decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with more support for your back and hips. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Bed Mattress
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Bed Mattress
Construction Layla Bed Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Bed Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Bed Mattress
When in use, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial component to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your partner tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking in the bed rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit bigger, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around at night switching positions (side, back and/or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which offers some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the cost.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Layla Bed Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually takes 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Bed Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is only offered to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are underneath. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the option to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you sleep with a spouse and require a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Bed Mattress
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature lets you try 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Bed Mattress