If you can’t determine whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with more support on your hips and spine. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Bed In Box
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Bed In Box
Construction Layla Bed In Box
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Bed In Box
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Bed In Box
When in use, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you change your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be bothered when your partner tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which provides some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a fair amount of collapse while laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Bed In Box
This is a true foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather fast response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Delivery Fee: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days to assemble, and after it is sent usually takes two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Bed In Box
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively offered to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress can be found below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you prefer to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the choice to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Bed In Box
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness level on opposite sides. This permits you to have a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature lets you try 2 distinct comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Bed In Box