If you can not choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a memory foam with a bit more support for your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Bed In A Box
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Bed In A Box
Construction Layla Bed In A Box
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Bed In A Box
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Bed In A Box
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price point. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you change your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important component to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling properties. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Bed In A Box
This is a authentic foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather fast response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Delivery Charge: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days to manufacture, and once sent usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Bed In A Box
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively given to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress can be found underneath. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel as though you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the choice to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Bed In A Box
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have two different comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Bed In A Box