When you can not determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with a bit more support on your spine and hips. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Bed Dimensions
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Bed Dimensions
Construction Layla Bed Dimensions
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Bed Dimensions
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Bed Dimensions
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important component to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you’ll not be bothered when your partner moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat heavier, the plush side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Bed Dimensions
This is a authentic foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather fast response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Delivery Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three days to assemble, and after it is shipped usually takes two to five days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to you. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Bed Dimensions
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively offered to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are below. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you want to feel as if you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you want a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also great when you have a partner and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Bed Dimensions
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This allows you to experience a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Bed Dimensions