When you can not determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a foam with a little more support on your hips and back. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Bed Cover
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Bed Cover
Construction Layla Bed Cover
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Bed Cover
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Bed Cover
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important component to consider especially if you share their mattress. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit bigger, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which provides some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse when laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Bed Cover
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather fast reaction time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days to manufacture, and once sent usually takes 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to you. You will want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Bed Cover
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively given to first owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect choice for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the choice to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great when you have a partner and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Bed Cover
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness option on opposite sides. This permits you to have a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 different comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Bed Cover