If you can’t determine whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with more support on your hips and back. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides greater support. How To Flip A Layla Mattress
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
How To Flip A Layla Mattress
Construction How To Flip A Layla Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: How To Flip A Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. How To Flip A Layla Mattress
When regularly used, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important factor to consider especially for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that can potentially have some cooling benefits. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
How To Flip A Layla Mattress
This is a true foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Delivery Charge: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 days to manufacture, and after it is sent usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to you. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. How To Flip A Layla Mattress
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only offered to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress can be found underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal choice for you if you want to feel as if you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you want a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the opportunity to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress How To Flip A Layla Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on each side. This provides you a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have two distinct comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. How To Flip A Layla Mattress