If you can’t determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a memory foam with a bit more support on your hips and back. With two built in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. How Thick Is Layla Mattress
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
How Thick Is Layla Mattress
Construction How Thick Is Layla Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: How Thick Is Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. How Thick Is Layla Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important element to consider especially for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I will cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat bigger, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla makes use of both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a fair degree of collapse while laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
How Thick Is Layla Mattress
This is a genuine foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly fast response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Delivery Fee: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three days to manufacture, and after it is shipped usually requires 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. How Thick Is Layla Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only provided to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the option to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress How Thick Is Layla Mattress
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness level on each side. This allows you to experience a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have two distinct comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. How Thick Is Layla Mattress