If you can’t decide whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a foam with more support for your spine and hips. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. How Soft Is Layla Mattress
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
How Soft Is Layla Mattress
Construction How Soft Is Layla Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: How Soft Is Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. How Soft Is Layla Mattress
When in use, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important component to consider especially if you share their bed. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when your spouse rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat heavier, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to give as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla uses both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
How Soft Is Layla Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly fast response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and once sent usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. How Soft Is Layla Mattress
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively given to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress can be found underneath. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the option to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you have a partner and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress How Soft Is Layla Mattress
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness level on opposite sides. This allows you to have a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. How Soft Is Layla Mattress