When you can’t choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a foam with more support for your hips and back. With two built in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Forbes Layla Mattress
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Forbes Layla Mattress
Construction Forbes Layla Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Forbes Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Forbes Layla Mattress
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from head to foot each time you change your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your partner tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the mattress might not be able to provide as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which can potentially have some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a fair degree of collapse while laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Forbes Layla Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly fast reaction time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three days to assemble, and once shipped usually takes two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Forbes Layla Mattress
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only provided to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect choice for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great if you sleep with a partner and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Forbes Layla Mattress
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature lets you have 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Forbes Layla Mattress