If you can’t determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a foam with a bit more support for your hips and spine. With two built in firmness levels, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Bear Vs Layla Mattress
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Bear Vs Layla Mattress
Construction Bear Vs Layla Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Bear Vs Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Bear Vs Layla Mattress
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important component to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you will not be bothered when the person beside you moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will most likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat bigger, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that can potentially have some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Bear Vs Layla Mattress
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather fast reaction time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Shipping Charge: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and shipped straight to your home. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Bear Vs Layla Mattress
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only offered to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress can be found below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you like to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is great for you if you require a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the option to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you’ve got a partner and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Bear Vs Layla Mattress
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you have two different comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Bear Vs Layla Mattress