When you can’t choose whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with a bit more support on your hips and back. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Bear Mattress Vs Layla Mattress
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Bear Mattress Vs Layla Mattress
Construction Bear Mattress Vs Layla Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Bear Mattress Vs Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Bear Mattress Vs Layla Mattress
When regularly used, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important element to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when your spouse tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which offers some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a fair degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Bear Mattress Vs Layla Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather fast reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Shipping Charge: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days to manufacture, and once sent usually requires two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Bear Mattress Vs Layla Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only offered to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress can be found below. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you prefer to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you want a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the option to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you have a partner and need a mattress with good movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Bear Mattress Vs Layla Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This provides you a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature lets you try two distinct comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Bear Mattress Vs Layla Mattress